Palo Alto Networks Associate Channel Business Manager - Africa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Associate Channel Business Manager (Associate CBM) has the relationship management responsibility with a set amount of channel partners in a specific country, with the specific aim of gaining more commitment from the partners and providing support and enablement to allow those partners to become more competent and self-sufficient in building their Palo Alto Networks business practice. The Associate CBM is based in the local country, splits time between being in the field and in the office, and takes direction from the Country or Regional Channel Manager, and aligns to the strategies and coverage plans of the Channel Business Manager in territory. The Associate CBM ultimately gains more share-of-wallet with the Partners and ensure they are working proactively with our Palo Alto Networks’ Field and Inside Sales teams to drive net-new business and incremental market share. The role will focus on delivering measurable results with the Partner(s) including increased Bookings, NextWave Partner Program compliance, and increased net-new customer acquisition through sales and marketing efforts. Put simply, the objective of this Associate CBM is to grow Palo Alto Networks’ business inside the Partner(s) at the expense of our direct competitors.
• Work within and contribute to the Country channel business plan that will provide appropriate coverage, capacity, and competence to support the growth ambitions of the company
• Relationship management for a small set of the channel partners proactively build a regular cadence of relationship-building; responsible for “partner peering” exercises which allow Palo Alto Networks to have more relationships across the partner organization
• Work at a “deal level” in order to manage the Partner pipeline and to provide weekly tactical support on order processing and order managemen; ensure purchase orders flow through the partner and distributor to Palo Alto Networks Sales Operations in a timely manner according to Sales forecasts in SFDC
• Interface with current reseller partners on a daily basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face in order to educate partner on the Palo Alto Networks NextWave Partner program and our enterprise security platform value proposition
• Work actively work and leverage local Distributors to build the business with the Partner in all aspects (training, enablement, marketing, sales, support, etc.)
• Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls from/to partners and make weekly onsite visits to Partner to identify sales opportunities, enable pipeline growth, and rrive partner connectivity to Palo Alto Networks
• Review, monitor, share, and report on sales and product promotions, channel enablement tools, deal registration and partner contribution KPIs, and other channel priorities
• Work with Country leadership (Sales, SE, Marketing, Channel) in a collaborative manner to build Partner Business Plans. Ensure the right cross-functional and decision-making stakeholders at the Partner are involved in the Business Plan process and sign-off on its approval.
• Hold regular business planning sessions within channels in order to continually build our network within the partner and to increase our influence within and across the partner organization; establish and develop broad, key partner management relationships.
• Establish Palo Alto Networks as the standard and preferred enterprise security vendor and build milestones to measure success.
• Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
• Listen to the Partner(s). Share and communicate their needs to Palo Alto Networks’ teams; translate Partner needs into solutions. Be the Partner spokesperson for success requirements
• Work with Partner(s) to ensure they are seeing an attractive and profitable business relationship with Palo Alto Networks, one which encourages them to continue focusing on us and investing with us financially (and at the expense of our competitors)
• Actively train and enable Partner(s)
• Product training; sales training; competitive positioning; Alliances leverage, etc.
• Actively work with the Partner(s) Inside Sales and Field Sales organizations to proactively generate leads and to have Palo Alto Networks introduced to Partners’ customers and prospects.
• Balance short term initiatives with longer term development.
• Responsible for bringing vendor and partner sales organizations together for Account Mapping and Sales Alignment
• Work with Distribution on tactical deal-level pricing strategies for Partner(s).
• University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
• 4-5 years of progressive channel development experience in the French speaking Africa
• 1-2 years experience working in channel organizations (Distributor or Partner/System Integrator) preferred
• Tangible track record of building channel business successfully in a fast-growing environment.
• Excel reporting proficiency; able to build PowerPoint slide deck independently for presentation to management level audiences
• 4+ years in selling B2B, 3 years of related experience in a high-tech, fast paced company
• Must have strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
• Key relationships built at named Partner(s) and large systems integrators is a must.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills.
• A understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of the named partners
• High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
• Structured. Focused. Business minded. Able to prioritize. A-player. Team player.
• Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast growing customer and prospect base.
• Palo Alto Networks would like to hire a candidate who understands the monthly sales cycle of a hardware and software business.
• The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills. He/she must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform.
• Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on" and able to solve daily tactical problems
• Impeccable character and high ethical standards.
• Absolute integrity, honesty, intensity and passion.
• Languages: Fluent Arabic, French and English
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here at https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company and check out our fast facts at https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company/company-fast-facts
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.